This course is for those who already have a current FAW or one that is no older than one month from expiry (3 years and 1 month). You must be able to produce a copy of your old certificate and give it to your instructor at the practical part of the course. Where you start your course online you will receive your certificate of completion and passing of the practical part two. Where you have a qualifying FAW, you can complete the course in just two days in the classroom or one day online and one day in the classroom.
All our first aid courses fully meet the UK and European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2015 as per the HSE requirements. ProTrainings Vocational Training Qualifications (VTQ) are fully recognised by the HSE as Trade Body Qualifications.This course must be at least 12 contact hours and run over a minimum of 2 days and the certificate is valid for 3 years.
In May 2016 the HSE and Awarding Organisations announced that computer-based blended training is now allowed for all workplace first aid courses. You can now become a fully qualified First Aider in the workplace, with two days of classroom training after completing this online course. Reduce your training and travel costs by using our engaging, blended online video-based course. Learn at your pace, one to one with your instructor at a time that suits you.
This blended FAWR course meets all of the requirements under the HSE and Awarding Organisations and is available as a ProTrainings or Regulated Qualification.
A modern approach to training backed up by years of experience providing online, blended and classroom courses. Clear, concise and engaging, when you choose ProTrainings you reduce the cost, not the quality of your training.
Candidates completing our FAWR courses receive access to our video library for refreshing skills and reference
The HSE strongly recommend that all first aiders complete an annual first aid refresher courses and our online course meets this requirement.
Please note that learners undertaking a ProTrainings Trainings Course have the option to choose to take a regulated qualification. The ProTrainings First Aid at Work Qualification is accepted by TQUK as a qualification for first aid instructors who wish to offer their regulated qualifications. This is because it meets all of the required learning outcomes and due diligence.
Please be advised that the classroom course has a minimum age requirement of 14.
This course can be completed as the online part 1 of a 2-part blended course. After completing this online course, you may find and attend the classroom-only part 2 course and cut down on the number of days spent in the classroom.
This course comes with 12.0 hours of CPD, although the time to complete the course online may be less than this. Total course time includes 5 hours and 35 minutes of video training as well as knowledge reviews, final test, remedial help and reviewing downloaded material.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a ProTrainings Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
Unit 1: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace (credit can be given in some cases if already completed recently)
1. Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
2. Be able to assess an incident
3. Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
4. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
5. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
6. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
7. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
Unit 2: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
1. Be able to conduct a secondary survey
2. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
3. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
4. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injury
5. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with burns and scolds
6. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
7. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
“ Very informative and indepth ”
“A really good course - I have been a first aider for years and really enjoyed this on-line course”